Former Natural Gas Compressor Station
Olsson has been a consultant for a Colorado natural gas processing and transportation company since 2004. Olsson is currently working on a large, multiyear assessment remediation at a natural gas compressor station near Wright, Wyoming.
Prior to the company taking ownership of the site, the site had experienced condensate releases in previous years. Olsson was called upon to accomplish site soil and groundwater remediation with a reserve budget in excess of $2 million. Olsson’s task is to bring the site in compliance with U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and Wyoming Department of Environmental Quality (WDEQ) guidelines.
The following site remediation activities have been identified for the site in 2015:
- Provide site soil and groundwater characterization
- Conduct a high-pressure soil fracking pilot test with nested observation wells
- Conduct fait and transport models of the hydraulic conductivity and flow characteristics of the semi-confined perched aquifer
- Conduct an Air Sparging and Soil Vapor Extraction (AS/SVE) pilot test and evaluate the data
- Conduct assessment to evaluate the geology above the groundwater table for AS/SVE applicability
- Monitor groundwater events and prepare and submit an annual groundwater report
- Operations and maintenance of four solar-powered, free-product recovery systems
Prepare health and safety plan updates
- Provide an air permitting assessment (for the future AS/SVE system)
- Update the company’s Spill Prevention Control and Countermeasures (SPCC) plan